Friday 31 July 2009

Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008)

[Movie 200 / Day 212]


The first Woody Allen movie I've seen didn't really impress me. Vicky Cristina Barcelona is the story of two best friends who spend the summer months in Barcelona and fall in love, out of love etc.

Whilst there was nothing badly wrong with the story, I just disliked the dialogue (which seemed to range from stilted to totally unnatural at times) and I plain hated the narrator (who sounded extremely wooden and frankly, bored witless). Amazingly, it seems that many people are of the opinion that Penelope Cruz looks beautiful in this movie. To me, she looked at best manic and at worst witch-like; and I found her voice grating in the extreme.

My rating: 5.9 / 10
IMDB rating: 7.4 / 10
Running time: 96 mins
IMDB link

No comments:

Post a Comment