Monday 10 August 2009

17 Again (2009)

[Movie 209 / Day 222]


In the spirit of Big or Vice Versa, 17 Again is the story of Mike O'Donnell (Zac Efron and Matthew Perry) who, suffering a mid-life crisis and in the middle of a divorce, is magically transformed into his 17-year old self again and realises that he doesn't want another shot at a basketball scholarship, he wants his family back.

Aaah.

It's OK. Relatively amusing in places and harmless enough. The funniest thing about it is Thomas Lennon who plays a character called Ned Gold, Mike's best friend, a geek who made millions in software, who spends the majority of the movie trying to woo the headteacher at Mike's school. I think I enjoyed it more than I expected because I was thought it was going to be as big a campfest as High School Musical, and it wasn't.

My rating: 5.3 / 10
IMDB rating: 6.5 / 10
Running time: 102 mins
IMDB link

No comments:

Post a Comment