Thursday 23 April 2009

Max Payne (2008)

[Movie 129 / Day 113]


This movie has been slated by many, many fan boys of the popular games. It's really not that bad - yes, the dialogue is trying a bit too hard; yes, the plot is a bit muddled in places, yes there isn't as much action as the game... But, on the whole, it's alright. I didn't particularly like the games, so I don't care how faithful it is to them. What I wanted to see was Mark Wahlberg looking like he was attempting mental arithmetic while shooting lots of bad guys.

That's pretty much what I got. Some of the editing is really nicely done and I especially liked the super slow motion which is used a couple of times. I enjoyed it.

It's not the best action movie ever made, but it's by no means the worst.

My rating: 6.3 / 10
IMDB rating: 5.5 / 10
Running time: 100 mins
IMDB link

No comments:

Post a Comment