Sunday 22 February 2009

Slumdog Millionaire (2008)

[Movie 90 / Day 53]


Slumdog Millionaire tells the story of a boy from the slums of Mumbai who wins the Indian version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. As the programme finishes with him one question away from winning 20 million Rupees, he is arrested on suspicion of cheating. The film is made up of flashbacks of his life, showing the hardships that are indelibly printed in his memory - and also how an uneducated 'slumdog' could possibly know the answers.

I wasn't sure if I was going to like this (Although I generally like Danny Boyle's films, 2007's Sunshine was terrible and had put me off a bit), however, an original plot and an excellent cast make this a wonderful movie and one that I thoroughly enjoyed.

My rating: 8.4 / 10
IMDB rating: 8.7 / 10
Running time: 120 mins
IMDB link

No comments:

Post a Comment