Wednesday 28 January 2009

Capote (2005)

[Movie 46 / Day 28]


Biopic about Truman Capote writing his book, In Cold Blood. Philip Seymour Hoffman plays Capote and does a damn good job of it - he's a brilliant actor and deserves more leading roles.

The problem is, I didn't really know much about Capote and the more I watched the film, the more I realised I don't really care. It plods along at a very slow pace - it felt much, much longer than 2 hours. They probably could have cut half an hour out without damaging the storyline by judicious use of "one year later" type subtitles.

I'm sure if you're a big fan of Capote and his book, you'd probably love this. I was just happy when the end credits rolled.

My rating: 5.0 / 10
IMDB rating: 7.6 / 10
Running time: 114 mins
IMDB link

No comments:

Post a Comment