Tuesday 6 January 2009

In the Valley of Elah (2007)

[Movie 8 / Day 6]


Tommy Lee Jones seems to only get better with age. He's brilliant in this fairly depressing movie (based on a true story) of a father trying to trace his son who is AWOL from the US Army. He's also backed up by a solid supporting cast, including Charlize Theron, Jason Patric (who makes up for the abysmal Speed 2 here), Josh Brolin (who, for me at least, can do no wrong at the moment)... Even Susan Sarandon seems perfectly cast as the depressed wife - and that's saying a lot, as she usually irritates the shit out of me.

It's a bit too long and the ending is a bit meh, but overall it's enjoyable. Depressing, though.

My rating: 6.9 / 10
IMDB rating: 7.5 / 10
Running time: 121 mins
IMDB link

2 comments:

  1. Loving yout blog. It's great, I hope you can reache the 365 movies... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm trying to get as many in as possible while work is still relatively quiet - as soon as the year gets going again, I'll fall behind I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete